Monday, April 1, 2013

BERTUCCI'S ITALIAN RESTAURANT PEABODY MA

It's the last Saturday of the month and were still on Route 1 trying pizza. Our final stop is at Bertucci's Italian Restaurant 15 Newbury St West Peabody MA .  http://www.bertuccis.com/index.php.



This is a chain type restaurant with many locations. I usually like to go to a pizza place that is unique and has a flavor all it's own but Bertucci's in Peabody holds a special place in my heart.

The first time I met Karen, live and in person, face to face, was here at Bertucci's where we decided to meet for a Saturday dinner. So now comes the great story......

We decided to meet in the parking lot. As I drove into the lot it was almost full, a busy night for pizza lovers. I drove around the lot looking for a spot to park and I spied a pretty lady sitting in her car. I stopped in the middle of the lane to go over and see if it was Karen. I got out and said hello and it was indeed the lovely Karen. I told her I was looking for a place to park when I realized I had locked my keys in the car with the motor running and in the middle of the lane. What a great first impression! We laughed and I called my daughter Sarah to drive up with a spare key. I'm good at embarrassing her like that. Karen and I chatted and got to know each other while we waited. After Sarah rescued us we went in to eat and had an amazing time.
I knew then she was someone to spend my life with.

All great loves have to have a great story!

Tonight we met Diane and Steve and sat down to eat. After a beer we ordered salads and my favorite Tuscan Chicken Wings. Soon, albeit too soon, the pizza arrived. we were seated at a table for 6 so at least we had room to fit the food.


Pizza here is cooked in a wood fired oven at high temperature.


We decided on a eggplant pizza....


and a Pucillo Pizza which had pepperoni, Italian sausage, mushrooms, peppers and onions.


Both pies were baked well and were full of flavor. The high oven heat allows for a crisp crust and doesn't wilt the veggies.

We enjoyed the dinner but were a bit put off at the speed in which the pizza came out. We really hadn't eaten a lot of the salad and wings before the pizza arrived.



We will be back though as Karen and I like to come in on the anniversary of our meeting and have dinner. Karen also likes to mention how we met there and we usually get a free desert.

Overall the pizza quest was fun. Each of us has our favorites. Karen ranked them as Angela's, Prince and Bertucci's and I liked Prince, Angela's and Bertucci's in order.

Each brings good food and wonderful memories.


1 comment:

  1. Bertucci’s Restaurant is one among the Italian eateries in the United States of America. You can find special seasonal items like Lobster in bertucci's menu. Customers can have the best dining experience with brick oven pizza in this restaurant. Check the Bertucci’s Menu Prices before you make an order.
    Bertucci’s is an American chain restaurant started in 1991 by Joseph Crugnale. There are about 58 Restaurants from New Hampshire to Virginia. Today it stood as one of the top 10 restaurants in the USA.

    ReplyDelete